Saturday, July 12, 2008

To Danea

I don’t know if I’ll ever send this to you. I don’t know if it is or ever will be welcome. I want to remember, though, this amazing feeling I have right now.
I’ve had a girlfriend before; it was she that made the initial offer. Looking back with the typical 20/20 hindsight, I didn’t really love her. I’ve said before that you seem to me to have a good heart and a dreamer’s mind. After talking to you today, I’m convinced. I cannot tell you how much I would love, if you’re the person I have no reason to believe you aren’t, to someday come home to an apartment and the woman of my dreams with an up-and-coming band playing in the coffee shop downstairs, and go down to listen to the music, chat with customers, and watch people pass by the window. I can think of few things that would be better. I don’t expect that, mind; I daydream about it. Maybe someday. I feel like I want to spend every waking moment with you. It’s fine if you don’t return the thoughts, but I think I’ll send this to you to try to relate how much you mean to me and how much I enjoyed spending time with you today. Again, I know this is a lot very fast, but I don’t want to commit to each other for life right now; I want to place as few limits on our relationship as we should and see where it goes. I know you believe that love is a once-in-a-lifetime commitment, but I think that is true love, and one can have many loves beforehand. With that assumption in my mind, I love you so, so much. Please feel free to read this and not respond, but I hope you appreciate it. I’m sorry to keep pestering you with this. I know you said you’re not interested in a relationship with anyone right now. I can wait, and if you ever change your mind, please let me know.

No comments: