Saturday, July 12, 2008

To Daze

Daze –

Here’s dreaming that maybe someday we’ll look at the fact that the first letter posted on this site was to you and smile at each other.

I want to thank you again (I’m not sure I can express in words how emphatically I want to) for giving my mind a run for its money as I try to follow yours in its fluttering. Every time we alight on a topic it buoys my mood higher until I reach a euphoria I find with no one else. The rush and the release of tension I feel are hard to describe in other terms. My anxieties seem to melt.

I know we are half a world apart – as I described in a mathematical analogy few people, I suspect, would receive as you did – but the affinity I feel in you through this copper and silicon makes me feel closer to you than I have been to a friend in a long time. I can and do share my tawdry musings and introspections that play profound with you, and I love to savor every nugget of intellectual fertilizer (excuse the awkward metaphor, please) I encounter with you.

It’s rare that I say something and fumble with the expression to find that the person with whom I speak already understands what I intend to mean and has thought the same thought before. In this instance, too, I hope you know what I try to describe.

I appreciate the generous helping of attention you donate to me. I trust your reason and I ask that you continue to appraise every option. You spoke to me yesterday about taking life’s boons as gifts and to not expect them, so I will hold a certain amount of thought on this until your eagerly awaited reply. I am already anticipating our next meeting of minds…I am reminded of the Sistine Chapel - Adam about to touch God.

No comments: